How to Control Hypertension
While a regular visit to your doctor you may have heard the word hypertension a few times, but you may not have understood it completely. Hypertension is also known as high blood pressure and to understand it first of all you need to know what blood pressure is.
Well, it is the force with which is exerted by the blood against your blood vessels as it moves through them.
And hypertension is a medical condition when your blood pressure increases to a higher level (equal to or greater than a systolic 180 mm of Hg or diastolic of 110 mm of Hg) above average for a much longer period.
Hypertension should not be a mistake with the rise in blood pressure after vigorous physical activity as it gets normal after some time.
What are The Causes of Hypertension?
Studies have shown that there are multiple causes of high blood pressure, some of which are natural and can’t be eliminated which others depend on your lifestyle and surroundings.
- Genetics (family history)
- Size (obesity)
- Kidney disease
- Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
- Thyroid problems
How to Control Hypertension?
If you follow the following tips you can under how to control hypertension at the basic level by yourself.
- Maintain an ideal weight: Blood pressure and weight go hand in hand so it would be an excellent idea to keep a healthy weight and keep your B.P in check.
- Having a healthy diet: Try to have fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy products in your diet, it can lower you B.P by 15 mm of Hg.
- Exercise Regularly: the Everyday exercise of around 30 minutes can help to lower your B.P the 5 to 10 mm of Hg, but if you skip it again your B.P will climb.
- Cut the Sodium: Try to cut the Sodium out of your food, it’s a tough task but tray to avoid it use herbs for flavor instead of salt.
- Minimize smoking and alcohol consumption: They tend to increase your blood pressure that is why you must try not to consume alcohol, and for every cigarette, you smoke it raises the B.P by several points so try quitting it.
- Stress management: It one of the leading causes of hypertension so try to identify the major causes of stress such as work, family or health issues and then consider ways to deal with them.
- Also, you must consult with your doctor, listen to his advice as they are experts on it and know it pretty well.
So if you follow the points mentioned above, then you can surely handle your hypertension with quite an ease.